Greetings GFMBC Family,
It is my prayer that you all are blessed and staying in the presence of our Jesus during this temporary season of COVID-19. This situation has caused many of you to be off work and out of school, which affords us the opportunity to have additional time with our families. I ask that you please be good stewards of your time and continue in the things of God as we enjoy family. Don’t just waste the time, but be productive and thank God for every day, as he gives us our daily bread. As I pen this letter, there are 88 cases within the state of Mississippi, so please stay safe and keep yourself in the Secret Place.
As you are aware, we operated this past week in contingency mode to comply with the decision of our city and state officials to drastically reduce the number of people who can meet. This contingency mode afforded us the ability to conduct a modified Sunday Service consisting of the Praise & Worship Team and me. I taught our Wednesday Night Bible Class from my office free of music. I thank God for the technology in use at Greater Fairview, which enabled us to minister to the Church family uninterrupted.
I am asking all members and friends to join us Sunday Morning for Worship via Facebook LIVE at 10:35 A.M. and Wednesday Night for Bible Class via Facebook LIVE at 7:00 P.M. We will continue to operate the modified services until we receive notice to restore full capacity in worship from our local and state leaders.
I would like to thank you for your continued financial worship during this time of contingency as well. We want to be able to minister to our entire church family and friends in this area, so please use the method that best fits you to be faithful in your tithes and offerings as follows:
- PushPay – Text to give method using your smartphone, Text GFView to 77977.
- Online Giving – Visit http://www.greaterfairview.org/info and select the “Give Online” button.
- Greater Fairview App – On the Greater Fairview App, click the Give Button at the bottom of the home page.
- U. S. Mail – Mail your tithes and offerings to: GFMBC; 2545 Newport Street; Jackson, MS 39213. (Please do not mail CASH. Checks and/or Money Orders Only.)
- Church Office – Visit our church office M-TH between the hours of 8:00 A.M.–4:00 P.M. and Fridays from 8:00 A.M.–12 Noon. Please call the Church Office at (601) 362-6447, before going. If you choose to drop your tithes and/or offerings off at the office, you may use CASH.
Please continue to follow the safety guidelines as advised by the CDC and Healthcare professionals. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, and coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty. Also, refrain from touching your face, mouth and eyes when in contact with such things as door handles, money or any potentially contaminated surfaces.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
Rev. Vincent V. Russell & First Lady, Dr. Natalie M. Russell